Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12 - CLF - WFC


I would say that there is a lot of fear in the market right now and the action was choppy until the last hour. What the hell happened in that last hour?
Anyway, I missed the morning action (again). But these two trades gave me something. CLF is not a very high grade setup. I am basically going against a stock that is making higher lows and higher highs (intraday) but the failure to hold above RZ and the shooting star against RZ encouraged me to participate.


WFC is a bit cleaner, Weak sector, gap down, struggle with ORL, and a NR bar (doji) against the ORL. Unfortunately, WFC printed another doji 2 bars later and that doji foreshadowed a reversal.

11 comments:

JF David said...

It's difficult to find good setups for substantial directional move in this market. I shorted APA yesterday, I was lucky to find this one.

Recently the Markets act like a pinball machine.

QQQBall said...

you're kinda trading differently?

ive gotten some work in - the work volume has fallen off a cliff & now when i get deals they have really short fuses. fees down, expenses up & turn-around times really short. this part of the cycle really sucks.

anarco said...

Nice work on APA!

I agree with you, there is very little follow through. We had a nice movement down two days ago, but then we got back to "choppy land"

anarco said...

Hey QQQBall~
Sorry your work volume is low now. Maybe it is time to seriously switch to trading for good! Hope things get better soon!
I am only trading 15min charts and a few setups. I am going after consistency.
Cheers,

bl said...

WFC -4/15 looks good. Last hour? The reversal/continuation hr around 2:20. Look for it.

TJ said...

BL,

What happens at 2:20? Is that when Cramer comes on Erin Burnett's show and says BUY, BUY, BUY

anarco said...

I also like 4/15 bl.
But, I do not see in the charts any hints of what happened in the last hour ...

I like Jamie's theory about the Cramer effect. Anything is possible in this market :-)

OONR7 said...

nice quick trades... take the money and run.

Anonymous said...

Do you make these charts in Excel? They are very cool!

anarco said...

oonr7~

Yes, the quicker the profit, the better for me. But the week was a real chop (for the most part).

Cheers,

anarco said...

Doji Hunt~

My charting software is eSignal. The charting capabilities of MS Office are VERY limited.