Friday, February 20, 2009

February 20 - AEM


I am certainly happy with today's performance. This trade was a multiple R winner and one that put a lot of pesos in my account!
I played AEM as a C&H although in the 5min chart it could be interpreted as an inverted H&S (Jamie is the expert on this pattern, and many others). I really liked the base that formed at the $53.50 level which is quite orderly in the 5min chart. I also liked the NRIB (and doji) that formed in the wick (as Trader X would say: "in the tail") of the previous 15min bar. Price took off nicely. I took a partial at R1 and exited at PDH.

11 comments:

TJ said...

Nice work Anarco!

I was also long gold with NEM - very similar setup.

anarco said...

Thank you Jamie!

Tyler said...

Anarco,

Nice trade! I am glad you got into that. I saw it after the fact and was hoping to see it on one of the blogs.

Tyler

anarco said...

Thanks Tyler. I am also glad you and your brother had a good trading day.
Have a nice weekend!

JF David said...

Nice trade!

thoses big R win makes the difference at the end of the week/month.

anarco said...

Hi JF David~
Yes, it makes a difference; specially after struggling the whole week.
Good trading!

anarco said...

Hi JF David~
Yes, it makes a difference; specially after struggling the whole week.
Good trading!

QQQBall said...

just about perfect .618 fibbo retrace from PDL to ORH

anarco said...

Hi QQQBall!
Now I "just" need to nail a few of these trades a day and I'll be set ;-)
Cheers,

canuk1 said...

"Now I "just" need to nail a few of these trades a day and I'll be set"
That is the key Anarco. Finding them early enough, recognizing them and pouncing early enough. How many charts do you need to run at one time to be able to find at least one of these per day??? That is where I am finding the absolute most difficulty.

anarco said...

I hear you camuk1.

I certainly do not have an answer for you but there is a limit to the number of charts one can successfully follow during a trading session. 30? 40?

I think the key is focus, focus and more focus.