Sunday, July 26, 2009

Stewie's Trading Service

About a month and half ago I decided to join Stewie’s Trading Service and now I want to review it to share my experience.
If I had to summarize the service in one word, that word would be WOW!!! Stewie is a great trader. He is passionate about trading and equally passionate about teaching people what he knows. He is a straight forward person, honest and 100% committed to his members.

I would like to split my review into the following brief areas:

Performance. This is for me the most important point of the equation because I want to learn from people that have a proven track record. Stewie calls his entries and exists in real time, so you can see right away what the trades are, his entry and his stop loss. The performance speaks for itself. Simply look at it on this page.

Setups. Stewie explains his setups and the reasoning behind each trade either before or after the trade is made, so you always know the reason behind each call.

Questions. Stewie responds to people’s questions right away. I only asked a few questions since I joined the service, and they were always answered within half an hour.

Education. If you want to learn from a successful trader in real time, this is a great opportunity. Also, Stewie sends updates about how he sees the market throughout the day and he is available most of the time in the members-only chatroom.

Cost of the service. The cost of the service is $50 a month, which is my opinion a very reasonable price, considering that if you had followed all of his live trades, your account would have grown 25% in 12 weeks, which I think it is a really good return.

The last thing I would mention (simply for the sake of full disclosure) is that I do not take all of his trade calls (unfortunately!) and that the trades I post at my blog constitute the bulk of my trading. I do not take all the calls simply because many times I do not fully understand the logic behind each trade and it is hard for me to blindly follow anyone on anything. But I definitely hope to pick up a few things from Stewie’s trading, particularly the Overnight Hold strategy.

Last but not least, the service has a three-week free trial, so I think it is worthwhile to give it a go. If you do, I’ll see at the chat room!

7 comments:

NYC Trader said...

Great review, Anarco! Stewie is a great trader and one of the coolest people I met on the Blogosphere. I urge everyone to try three-week free trial for his service. You can paper trade his calls to see whether it’s worthwhile. Chances are you will bank some coin.

Anonymous said...

yup i'm a professional trader i've been with stewie since week 1 and though i do not take every single trade it is wonderful to have a technician like that on your side to give you advice and insight on anything and everything trading related..my trading specialty is energy and commodities but with stewie's alerts i've been able to spice up my performance with his (mainly) momentum trades and generally QUICK and profitable overnight holds..his performance these last couple months is KICKASS and he can even hook you up with a nice recipe for burgers and stuff.

samir said...

Art of Trading is the place to be if you do not know anything about trading. I have been for more than 4 month and everyday I feel surprised for the trades setups that I see that works, and the few that have not have been minimum, Stewie is the more cautios trader I have everseen. if you like trading and do not want to risk, this is the right place to be, no doubt.

Anonymous said...

if stewie can make money like that he wouldn't need to advertize his services. Unless he is driven by altrusitic motives in which case he should offer it free.

anarco said...

Anon~
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But I beg to disagree with you. I think there are more possibilities than the ones you see. For example, you may enjoy teaching and helping others, and at the same time may want to make a little money while you do it. Or you may enjoy teaching others and may not want to charge for your advise.
The fact that somebody charges for his services does not mean that their service is a scam.
You know there is good and evil all over the planet, so I prefer to be open to the good, instead of being suspicious all the time.

Stewie said...

dear anon: since you are talking about me then i would much rather respond to you directly.
the reason why i 'advertise' my service on MY blog is because i believe that i have a something 'good' to offer. this something 'good' came from years of struggle(something every single will go thru!), maybe you have have been thru it or are going thru it right now? hence the bitterness? i don't know you, i'm just speculating here.
trading is my passion and nothing brings me joy then someone emailing me and telling me "stewie, thanks, now i am starting to get it" or "stewie, thanks, i just banked 5% on this setup". This is gives me goose bumps and truly gives a purpose for my existence. as a matter of fact, if you follow me on twitter i share many 'free' ideas and i get emails all day longs from non-members who thank me for my ideas. as a matter of fact, i will give a real example that took place: earlier today on twitter, i posted a chart of CYOU and i warned that CYOU is setting up a great short. One guy who isn't even a member sold his long in CYOU and here is what he told me: "great response time on the short. Thx for the heads up I was able to exit long @around 37".

CYOU closed today at $36. for me, comments like this is why i share my trading experience and why i want to share my knowledge and yes, my knowledge did not come cheap. it came from years and years of struggle and $$$$ lost. But my PASSION and willingness to succeed made me improve and keep coming back and battle after battle i started to 'get it." that's what i am doing with my service. I DO NOT care if traders follow my alerts, i want to people to 'get it' and remember that trading is an art and YOUR results is a 100% direct reflection of your attitude. now, i ask you, are YOU a half full or half empty glass kind of trader?? you answer that question and you will determine your faith in this game.

peace and god bless.

Anonymous said...

anon claim from above is because they just want a free lunch and are jealous that they can't get all ur good picks Stewie.. too bad for them.. good for you Stewie! momgito