Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Aug 12 - ALL


ALL gaped up and the ORH matched the PP from a few days ago. Then it printed 2 IBs on the top half of the first bar, so I entered when the high of the 3rd bar broke. The target was 38fib extension drawn from the PDL to the ORH, but I exited as soon buyers hesitated. In a regular day, I would this a bit more room, but I did not want to risk getting chopped on the FOMC action. And also price had consolidated around 28.60 so I was expecting the next leg up to have more force.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i played the same and expected more upside..but it gave me just a few cents.. WX was a better play but i saw it too late..many failures in breakouts..so gappers were crappers as usual

bl said...

I'm redoing my Finance WL to include the Insr: hig lnc pgr all pru met ago xl, others, check the 5min charts, along with health insr: unh ci aet unm, others. All charted up at the open. Gaps are great but when the buyers appear....Sell off yesterday just to ramp up today. WOW!! I'll keep that in mind.